Labor Fear VS Excitement and Beauty


Baby number four doesn't get any less scary when thinking about delivery than baby one is. I have waves of panic every once in a while: "WHAT IN THE WORLD HAVE I DONE - WHAT AM I DOING TO MYSELF AGAIN I HAVE TO DO THIS ALL OVER A FOURTH TIME?!"

    the fruit of the womb a reward.Like arrows in the hand of a warrior
    are the children[a] of one's youth.Blessed is the man
    who fills his quiver with them!
He shall not be put to shame
    when he speaks with his enemies in the gate."
    making her the joyous mother of children.
Praise the Lord!
    you have prepared praise’?”
Matthew 18:2-6, 10

But really, the outcome gets more exciting each time you do it. Knowing that you get a little squishy, squiggly, breathing, living being on the end of it all makes it so worth it.

The pain is such a small thing in the end and if I don't dwell on it, I can get through each day until then.

We all handle the pain differently, but we all experience it just the same. It's amazing what a mental strain it is, not only physical...

Payton Foeller shares an intense story of going from a natural birth to needing a C-section and what she learned beyond the pain of the day:

"The Haze has lifted and the hormones have leveled off. New mommies: give it time. The fog will clear. You can know everything in the world and still struggle with the adjustments a new baby brings."

Rebekah Hargraves shares a beautiful story of how our labor and delivery do not always turn out the way we anticipate but the beauty of our stories is still so real:

"Little did I know how vastly different even a woman’s various pregnancies can be from each other! We might think that the same woman going through the same life events of pregnancy and childbirth might be in for pretty similar experiences each time, but let me tell you – even with currently just two pregnancies and deliveries under my belt, I already have experienced the fact that no two pregnancies and deliveries are the same!"

Rebekah also shares 20 Bible Verses for Labor and Delivery, something I know I will need to lean on!!!

I have a post with 5 verses for fear of childbirth (and printable) for labor as well.

I share the story of our second born here, and how different it was from number one:

"It's strange how foggy everything gets with the 'in between' kids...The other thing that was COMPLETELY different with Parker was they way he was positioned. Bennett was a perfect little peach and got all set, in exactly the right position and Mr. Parker. Man, I honestly believe that the way they come out predicts their personalities..."

And the story of our first baby here:

"The end of the day came and as I left work, drove by the stop light that turned to the hospital I considered going in. But. I was DETERMINED NOT to be that first-time mom. I was going to wait for as long as possible. I was TERRIFIED of going in and having them send me right back home."

Each and every labor and delivery story is going to be different. There is not ONE set story/circumstances that fits everyone. It's scary every time you go in, no matter what.

But on the other side of the fear is so much beauty.



"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord,
Psalm 127:3-5

He gives the barren woman a home,
Psalm 113:9


 But when the chief priests and the scribes saw the wonderful things that he did, and the children crying out in the temple, “Hosanna to the Son of David!” they were indignant, 16 and they said to him, “Do you hear what these are saying?” And Jesus said to them, “Yes; have you never read,

“‘Out of the mouth of infants and nursing babies
Matthew 21:15-16


And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them and said, “Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

“Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me, but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea.
“See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven their angels always see the face of my Father who is in heaven.
Children are an incredible blessing from God, and no matter how scary, or difficult labor, deliver, and even motherhood can be - God is above all of those things and sustains us through each trial, struggle, and fear. Our only job is to keep from being crippled from our feelings and keep our eyes focused on the Creator.
I hope you are encouraged today, friend!

No comments